Infrastructure Engineering (CE-7005)
Infrastructure:Definitions of infrastructure, Governing Features,Historical overview of Infrastructure development inIndia, Infrastructure Organizations & Systems.
Infrastructure Planning:Typical infrastructure planning steps, Planning andappraisal of major infrastructure projects, Screeningof project ideas, Life cycle analysis, Multi-criteriaanalysis for comparison of infrastructurealternatives, Procurement strategies, Scheduling andmanagement of planning activities, InfrastructureProject Budgeting and Funding, RegulatoryFramework, Sources of Funding.
Project Management in Construction:Introduction to project management processes -Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, andClosing processes; Project Integration Management - Project plan development, Project plan execution,and Overall change control; Project ScopeManagement - Initiation, Scope planning, Scopedefinition, Scope verification, and Scope changecontrol.
Contracts and Management of Contracts:Engineering contracts and its formulation, Definition and essentials of a contract, Indian Contract Act1872, types of contracts and clauses for contracts,Preparation of tender documents, Issues related totendering process, Awarding contract.
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Unit 5
1. A. S. Goodman and M. Hastak, Infrastructure planning handbook: Planning, engineering, and economics, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2006.
2. J. Parkin and D. Sharma, Infrastructure planning, Thomas Telford, London, 1999.
3. P. Chandra, Projects: Planning, analysis, selection, financing, implementation, and review, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2009.
4. S. M. Levy, Project management in construction, 5th ed., McGraw Hill, New York, 2007. PMI, A guide to the project management body of knowledge, 3rd ed., Project Management Institute, Pennsylvania, 1996.
5. M. Mawdesley, W. Askew and M. O'Reilly, Planning and controlling construction projects, Addison Wesley Longman Limited, Essex, 1997.
6. Vasant Desai, “Project Management”, Himalaya Publishing , 1st Edition, 2010
7. Ronald W Hudson, “Infrastructure Management: integrating design, Construction, maintenance, rehabilitation and renovation”, MGH, 1st Edition, 1997
8. Codes of Practice and Standard Specifications” of AP PWD, CPWD, MES etc.
9. Grig N. S., “Infrastructure Engineering and Management”, Wiley-Interseience.
You May Also Like
- CE-7001 - Advance Structural Design-I [RCC]
- CE-7002 - Structural Design & Drawing–II [Steel]
- CE-7003 - Modern Construction Technique & Equipment
- CE-7004 - Pavement Design
- CE-7004 - Marine Construction
- CE-7004 - Air and Noise Pollution Control
- CE-7004 - Cost-Effective & Eco-Friendly Construction
- CE-7005 - Earthquake Resistant Design
- CE-7005 - Urban & Town Planning
- CE-7005 - Life Cycle Costing of Structures