Advance Structural Design-I [RCC] (CE-7001)
Design of Multistory Buildings - Sway and non-sway buildings, shear walls and other bracing elements
Earth Retaining Structures: Cantilever and counter fort type retaining walls.
Water Tanks: Tanks on ground and underground tanks: square, rectangular, circular tanks, overhead tanks: circular and intze tanks.
Silos and Bunkers: Introduction, design of rectangular, square and circular bunkers, design of silos by Airy’s theory and Janssen’s theory.
T-beam & Slab bridges- for highway loading (IRC Loads).Prestressing concepts materials, systems of prestressing& losses. Introduction to working and limit state design.
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Unit 5
Reference books :
1. RC.C. by O.P. Jain Vol. II
2. R.C.C. by B.C. Punmia
3. Essentials of Bridge Engineering – D.J. Victor
4. Bridge Engineering - Ponnuswamy
5. Advanced R.C.C. Design by N.K. RAJU
6. N.KrishnaRaju, Prestressed Concrete, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi.
7. Pre stresses concrete – T.Y. Lin
Relevant IS codes
The detailed design and drawing of various structural components given below as per the syllabus:
1. Design of multistory buildings (sway and non-sway buildings), shear walls and other bracing elements.
2. Cantilever and counterfort type of retaining walls
3. Water tanks: underground and on ground tanks (square, rectangular, circular), overhead tanks and intze tanks
4. Silos (rectangular, square and circular)
5. Bunkers (rectangular, square and circular)
7. Slab bridges for highway as per IRC loading
8. Prestressed concrete members
You May Also Like
- CE-7002 - Structural Design & Drawing–II [Steel]
- CE-7003 - Modern Construction Technique & Equipment
- CE-7004 - Pavement Design
- CE-7004 - Marine Construction
- CE-7004 - Air and Noise Pollution Control
- CE-7004 - Cost-Effective & Eco-Friendly Construction
- CE-7005 - Infrastructure Engineering
- CE-7005 - Earthquake Resistant Design
- CE-7005 - Urban & Town Planning
- CE-7005 - Life Cycle Costing of Structures