Internet of Things (CS-6005)
UNIT 1:Introduction: Definition, Characteristics of IOT, IOT Conceptual framework, IOT Architectural view, Physical design of IOT, Logical design of IOT, Application of IOT.
UNIT 2: Machine-to-machine (M2M), SDN (software defined networking) and NFV(network function virtualization) for IOT, data storage in IOT, IOT Cloud Based Services.
UNIT 3: Design Principles for Web Connectivity: Web Communication Protocols for connected devices, Message Communication Protocols for connected devices, SOAP, REST, HTTP Restful and Web Sockets. Internet Connectivity Principles: Internet Connectivity, Internet based communication, IP addressing in IOT, Media Access control.
UNIT 4: Sensor Technology , Participatory Sensing, Industrial IOT and Automotive IOT , Actuator, Sensor data Communication Protocols ,Radio Frequency Identification Technology, Wireless Sensor Network Technology.
UNIT 5: IOT Design methodology: Specification -Requirement, process, model, service, functional & operational view.IOT Privacy and security solutions, Raspberry Pi & arduino devices. IOT Case studies: smart city streetlights control & monitoring.
Chameli Devi Group Of Institutions [NOTES]
1. Rajkamal,”Internet of Things”, Tata McGraw Hill publication
2. Vijay Madisetti and Arshdeep Bahga, “Internet of things(A-Hand-on-Approach)” 1st Edition ,Universal Press
3. Hakima Chaouchi “The Internet of Things: Connecting Objects”, Wiley publication.
4. Charless Bell “MySQL for the Internet of things”, Apress publications.
5. Francis dacosta “Rethinking the Internet of things:A scalable Approach to connecting everything”, 1st edition, Apress publications 2013.
6. Donald Norris“The Internet of Things: Do-It-Yourself at Home Projects for Arduino, Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black”, McGraw Hill publication.